Kitchen Fire Suppression
Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems
Fire & Safety Commodities provides total fire system expertise for all of your kitchen fire suppression needs. We are experts at designing kitchen fire systems for restaurants. Using detailed CAD drawings, our technicians will efficiently install your kitchen fire system while meeting all associated fire safety codes. Our in-house kitchen fire suppression system experts bring together all the elements you need for fully integrated kitchen hood ventilation and fire protection system in your commercial kitchen. Our experience and professionalism are why the top names in food service and hospitality throughout New Orleans, Mandeville, Baton Rouge and Lafayette depend on Fire & Safety Commodities for all of their kitchen fire suppression system needs.
When you run a busy kitchen in New Orleans, Mandeville, Baton Rouge or Lafayette, the survival of your business depends on the ability of your kitchen fire suppression system to quickly detect and suppress fires. Between the grease, the heat and the fast paced working environment, kitchen fires can flare up at any time. Therefore, without a reliable kitchen fire suppression system, any fire can be potentially disastrous. Don’t gamble with the safety of your restaurant, your employees and your guests. Call Fire & Safety Commodities today if you need us to install, inspect or service your restaurant fire system.
The Kitchen Fire Suppression System Installation Process
- Installation of a complete pre-engineered commercial kitchen fire suppression system
- Detailed Consultation
- Engineering Services
- Design and CAD Drawings
- Plans, Permits and Approvals
- Factory Custom Stainless Steel Hood Fabrication
- Custom Fabricated Welded Grease Duct
- 3M 15A Fire Barrier Duct Wrap Fire Proofing
- Residential Fire Suppression Systems
- Electrical Control Interlocks
- On-Site Coordination and Installation
- Test and Balance and Final Inspection
The Kitchen Fire Suppression System Inspection Process
- Visual inspection of conduit and location of appliance, duct and plenum nozzles.
- Inspection of link line and position of detectors.
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link.
- Test the remote pull station.
- Verify electric and gas shuts off when the system is activated.
- Replace fusible links and center link housings.
- Verify the gauge on pressurized tanks is at the proper level.
- Internal inspection of non pressurized tanks for corrosion.
- Examine cylinders to record and verify the hydro test date.
- Examine the regulator to record and verify the test dates.
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer. (For an additional charge)
- Remove and clean nozzles to insure they are not clogged. Replace nozzle caps.
- Test all electrical interlocks (Electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by the local authority having jurisdiction).
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness.
- Record any obvious deficiencies discovered during the inspection.