Do You Have the
Skills We Need?
Fire & Safety Commodities is an established fire safety company looking to expand our team. We’re interested in reliable applicants in the Gulf Coast Region. View our job openings to see if you would be a good fit and fill out the application below to get started.
Fire & Safety Commodities Has Openings For:
The Controller manages the accounting operations of the company, to include the management and ultimate responsibility of all transactions, the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Advanced knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
– Advanced knowledge of the use of accounting software, preferably Oracle systems
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
– Strong skills in the areas of math, budgeting, and financial analysis
– Superior data manipulation and analytical skills
– Superior communication skills (written and oral)
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities in a dynamic, fast-pace environment
– Ability to prioritize tasks
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting Preferred: CPA or MBA *4+ years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a 4-year degree
Minimum: 8 years of Accounting experience, at least 4 in the role of Controller
The Controller must have an understanding of construction accounting with an emphasis on percentage completion, accounting using the accrual method, accounting for job costs and estimating, as well as in-depth knowledge of payroll tax and sales tax.
Preferred: 10+ years of Accounting experience as a Controller in the Construction industry or closely related field.
This position works in an office setting during normal business hours.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods, stand, walk, use hands and arms, talk, hear, and view a computer monitor for extended periods. Lifting up to 30+lbs occurs occasionally.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: President
Kitchen Fire System Technician
We are a company that installs, inspects and maintains kitchen fire suppression systems as well as hand portable fire extinguishers. You would be extensively trained on the various manufacturers’ requirements and the applicable codes. We maintain system by Ansul, Pyro-Chem, Buckeye, and Range Guard.
Come join a recession proof industry with great income potential.
- You will be asked to identify tools and read a tape measure
- Ability to heft 80 lbs
- Must be well versed with the general use of hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to use a ladder of up to 12′
- Active driver’s license in good standing
- Strong written and verbal skills
Must have the ability to use a computer and understand how to navigate various software types.
Hand Portable Fire Extinguisher Technician
Responsible for repairing, servicing and maintaining fire protection equipment to include portable fire extinguishers, pre-engineered fire suppression systems, emergency lighting and fire hoses in accordance with NFPA guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and servicing using hand tools and testing equipment.
- Document deficiencies at customer level and notify appropriate persons responsible for non-conformance issues.
- Perform functional and operational tests on equipment.
- Inspect, repair and replace fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Replace defective sections of hoses.
- Complete and accurately record required information onto system inspection and field reports.
- Evaluate customers site for additional equipment and services that customer may require.
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs.
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety program.
- Ability to identify NFPA Codes.
Kitchen Hood/ Exhaust System Cleaning Technician
Job Description: We use truck mounted pressure washer to clean and degrease kitchen hood exhaust systems.
Work schedule is primarily Sunday through Thursday and is overnight work. Most shifts start at 8 pm, however, some day time work and weekends may be required.
- Must have reliable transportation to office
- Must be able to pass drug tests and background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to be able to drive company vehicles.
- Some locations are secure and therefore a valid ID is required.
- Must be able to work nights. Usual hours are from approximately 8PM to 5AM, Sunday through Thursday nights. Occasional weekend and off hour work (days) may be required.
- Must not mind getting dirty, cold, hot or wet.
- Must not be afraid of heights, ladder use and work on high roofs is common.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 75+ pounds, able to lift your own weight to occasionally access ductwork in ceiling areas.
We are also looking for someone with basic repair skills related to a pressure washers, pumps, small engines, hoses etc.
Commercial Kitchen Hood Installer
We are looking for people who can run duct of various types and possibly weld. Must have experience with 18-22 gauge metals.
Participation in group effort:
- Installing exhaust hoods
- Fabricating duct
- Welding exhaust duct above the hood
- Installing HVAC portion of hood package
- Setting fans on roof curbs
Must be able to heft 100 pounds, work on ladders, roofs and elevated areas.
Please fill out and submit the employment application below.