Fire & Safety Commodities Careers
Do You Have the Skills We Need?
Fire & Safety Commodities Has Openings For:
We are a company that installs, inspects and maintains kitchen fire suppression systems as well as hand portable fire extinguishers. You would be extensively trained on the various manufacturers’ requirements and the applicable codes. We maintain system by Ansul, Pyro-Chem, Buckeye, and Range Guard.
Come join a recession proof industry with great income potential.
- You will be asked to identify tools and read a tape measure
- Ability to heft 80 lbs
- Must be well versed with the general use of hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to use a ladder of up to 12′
- Active driver’s license in good standing
- Strong written and verbal skills
Must have the ability to use a computer and understand how to navigate various software types.
Responsible for repairing, servicing and maintaining fire protection equipment to include portable fire extinguishers, pre-engineered fire suppression systems, emergency lighting and fire hoses in accordance with NFPA guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and servicing using hand tools and testing equipment.
- Document deficiencies at customer level and notify appropriate persons responsible for non-conformance issues.
- Perform functional and operational tests on equipment.
- Inspect, repair and replace fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Replace defective sections of hoses.
- Complete and accurately record required information onto system inspection and field reports.
- Evaluate customers site for additional equipment and services that customer may require.
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs.
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety program.
- Ability to identify NFPA Codes.
Job Description: We use truck mounted pressure washer to clean and degrease kitchen hood exhaust systems.
Work schedule is primarily Sunday through Thursday and is overnight work. Most shifts start at 8 pm, however, some day time work and weekends may be required.
- Must have reliable transportation to office
- Must be able to pass drug tests and background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to be able to drive company vehicles.
- Some locations are secure and therefore a valid ID is required.
- Must be able to work nights. Usual hours are from approximately 8PM to 5AM, Sunday through Thursday nights. Occasional weekend and off hour work (days) may be required.
- Must not mind getting dirty, cold, hot or wet.
- Must not be afraid of heights, ladder use and work on high roofs is common.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 75+ pounds, able to lift your own weight to occasionally access ductwork in ceiling areas.
We are also looking for someone with basic repair skills related to a pressure washers, pumps, small engines, hoses etc.
We are looking for people who can run duct of various types and possibly weld. Must have experience with 18-22 gauge metals.
Participation in group effort:
- Installing exhaust hoods
- Fabricating duct
- Welding exhaust duct above the hood
- Installing HVAC portion of hood package
- Setting fans on roof curbs
Must be able to heft 100 pounds, work on ladders, roofs and elevated areas.